Friday, July 13, 2012

July 12th

Nope, she's not been born yet.

I have to convince myself every day that it's a good thing.

I mentioned yesterday that they were doing a 24 hour collection of my urine and I am happy to say that it's over! That was such a pain. The doctor came in after they had gotten the results and let me know that I have twice the protein in my urine than is normal. Which he said he thought would be the case because they took a urine sample on monday or something and it had a little protein in it. He didn't seem too concerned about it though. They are coming in more often now to monitor my blood pressure, because high blood pressure and protein in my urine mean preeclampsia. Which I got the impression that he didn't think I had it, but you never know. I guess they'll monitor me and we'll see what happens. Hopefully I don't have to deal with that so that I can make it to Wednesday, but he says that if I develop preeclampsia, I most likely wouldn't make it to Wednesday.

My sweet husband went and picked up Max today! I can't explain to you what seeing him did for my feeble little heart! It was so good to kiss and hug him and to have him run right at me! Max must surely be from my Heavenly Father because I felt His love for me when my son hugged me. As cheesy as some may think that sounds.

My dad arrived last night too. He's in town until Saturday for business. He's going to help us with Max because there's only so much time that a 1 year old can spend in a hospital room. My dad said he was excited to take him to work with him. He did it before when I was visiting my parents in Phoenix, and of course Max was perfect for him. Plus, I think my dad just loves spending time with Max. Who wouldn't? But, of course, I'm bias.

Grandpa Heppler also came into town last night for a fly fishing convention. He came to the hospital and brought me probably the best gift I've gotten since I got here. He said he wanted to make sure he got me something practical. So guess what it was....... a cork. Ha. Kyle and I actually laughed pretty hard. Oh Grandpa....

As difficult as these last couple days have been for me, I can't help but notice all the blessings that have basically fallen into my lap the last couple weeks. Heavenly Father has a plan, and He knows what's best for me and my family and I don't. There have been so many tender mercies lately, our lives have been so blessed. The longer we go down this road, and it's still a long hard road for us, the more aware I am of how much my Heavenly Father loves me.

"Mercies and blessings come in different forms--sometimes as hard things. Yet the Lord said, 'Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things' (D&C 59:7). All things means just that: good things, difficult things--not just some things. He has commanded us to be grateful because He knows being grateful will make us happy. This is another evidence of His love." -Bonnie D. Parkin

I am grateful that I have the gospel, and such a strong love and support system around me to help me to remember to be grateful. It's not always easy for me, and I so easily feel defeated lately, but I have so many reminders to be grateful. So many tender mercies.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment