Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Master Bedroom Stage 1 - Paint

White? Tan? Lime Green? Blue? Gray? What to do??? It's taken me a couple months to finally narrow down what I want in my master bedroom... Gray. More specifically, DARK Gray. My room right now is a light tan color - at least it's not white! But I'm not in love with it.. It's a little bland and boring for me! I mean, it's not terrible, but it's not me. It's not us. Something's got to change.

                     


























Tan works for some people - and it may work for me in the future, but right now .. I'm digging the dark look - check out how cozy these dark rooms are... so romantic!




























Don't get me wrong... I love bright and beautiful colors, but I want my master bedroom to be a retreat. To be a little more grown up. Which is why, this time, I'm shying away from my usual obsession with lime green and going for a darker statement wall. And when I say dark, I mean dark.

I've narrowed down my choices to two colors:

Martha Stewart - Zinc
Behr - Trail Print



















I headed off to my trusty home depot - and picked up my paint samples!! So excited to put them on the wall I could hardly wait until my room was clean to do it, but the hubs said my room had to be clean before I even think about painting...



 They don't look that different when right next to eachother .. but I think there's a significant difference. Expecially after I put up the colors on my wall -


The left is Behr - Trail Print ... and the right is Martha Stewart - Zinc.

They're both dark, but I just can't decide on HOW dark I really want... Ooo... decisions, decisions...

At least I know one thing, once it's done and painted, it's going to be SO cozy and romantic in my room!! So much more so than the mish-mosh that it is now!

Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment