Thursday, September 13, 2012

Camel Purse

There ARE advantages to sewing.... especially when you are poor.

*enter Hailey*

I REALLY wanted a new purse for the fall - a camel colored, pleather (real leather would be nice) purse. I wanted it to be BIG so I could put all my things for my two babies in it - like these two:



Have a bow on it, so it's nice and girly - like these two:


And be wrinkly like this one:


 And only cost me:

$10.00

Unfortunately for me, (or maybe fortunately) - a purse like that doesn't exist.

So I came up with a creative solution... 

Two yards of Camel Pleather from JoAnn's clearance section - $8.00/yard
+
Two Camel Invisible Zippers - $2.00 each
+
1.5 Yards Blue Floral Lining (already had)
+
4 D Rings (already had)
+
No Pattern
+
14 hours free time (didn't have, but made the time)
=



And I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE (did I mention LOVE) it!

And while it might have cost me more than $10.00 - It's exactly what I wanted, the perfect color, size, has the PERFECT storage capacity, doesn't look TOO handmade and will look great with all the beautiful changing leaves around here.

*sigh*

See, there are advantages to being able to sew.




Should I make a tutorial for this bag??

4 comments:

  1. Hailey! You are unbelievably talented! I want to be like you when I grow up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't look TOO homemade? Um, no, it doesn't look homemade at all. Love it. You put my sewing skills to shame...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am your mother's cousin; Julie...Bart and Sherma's daughter. I also sew! I have made my own purses for YEARS. Just recently I bought the same fabric!! I decided to try something new and try to sew a "leather" purse. I have been chicken and I haven't started yet!! Your purse is beautiful!! Can't believe you sewed it. Great pattern. No one would believe you made it yourself. Nice job. Thanks for the encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete