Friday, August 16, 2013

Another Nightstand Transformation

I did a nightstand DIY before...



But this one is a little more time consuming... I had to transform this little dresser because I HATED it's "decorative accents". But it was basically free and I needed a little table... so a little elbow grease helped me do this... and I LOVE it!!



Here's how I did it...


3 simple steps. I just pried off those accent thingys (super technical word usage - I know) with a flat head screwdrive and pliers. Then I sanded. Alot. Then I spray painted (didn't want paint streaks). Make sure to sand inbetween painting but make sure the paint is totally dry. I did 3 coats of spray paint in a high gloss white. Love it!

Then just replace the drawers with some new ones and viola! New table! It looks totally different!



Easy peasy..

Stay tuned for how I transform this awesome chair I found on the SIDE OF THE ROAD!! What??
Why do people throw away perfectly fine pieces of furniture... Their trash is my treasure!!


1 comment:

  1. well done on the nightstand - anxious to see the transformation of this chair...who needs to go shopping (just drive down the street - you are bound to find something of worth) - good job

    ReplyDelete